Kilchoman Loch Gorm
46% ABV SHERRY CASK MATURED
This year’s Kilchoman‘s Loch Gorm Single Malt Whisky is finally available in the US. Only a limited quantity of the exclusive bottling will be available and, if past releases are anything to go by, it will sell quickly.
Loch Gorm, located to the north of the distillery is very peaty in colour, similar to the dark rich colour of our sherry cask matured single malts. This, the 5th installment of the Loch Gorm range has been matured for over six years in Oloroso sherry butts.
Named after a famously peaty loch, from which Kilchoman draws water for the production of this and other releases, Loch Gorm is bottled at 46% ABV and is available in the US exclusively through ImpEx Beverages Inc, with a recommended retail price of $99.99.
“Loch Gorm’s rich, spicy character sets it apart in the Kilchoman range”
Anthony Wills, Kilchoman Founder & MD
Nose: Spicy and sweet with peat smoke and dark chocolate well integrated.
Palate: Soft fruits, well rounded and full of character.
Finish: Lingering, sweet and well balanced.
Kilchoman Distillery is a small family run farm distillery based on the rugged west coast of Islay. The distillery was established by Anthony Wills in 2005, the idea was to build a new distillery which took whisky production back to its roots. Anthony and wife Kathy have now been joined by their three sons: George, James and Peter.
Kilchoman produces its 100% Islay single malt from barley which is grown in fields surrounding the distillery and completes every stage of the whisky-making process at the distillery, including traditional floor malting. Kilchoman is the only distillery in Scotland to do this. Kilchoman is now very much a family affair:
Since the first bottling was released in 2008, Kilchoman has quickly established itself as a high quality Islay Single Malt Whisky with these notable awards:
• Kilchoman’s exceptional quality was recognised at the prestigious International Whisky Competition (IWC) when Anthony Wills was named Master Distiller of the Year 2013.
• Machir Bay was named Whisky of the Year at IWC 2013. Loch Gorm was also awarded Gold, Machir Bay received Silver and 100% Islay 2nd Ed was given bronze.
• Kilchoman 2007 Vintage received Whisky Advocate’s Award for Islay Single Malt of the Year 2013.
• In 2012 Machir Bay was awarded two prestigious IWSC Gold medals and a Silver medal, and was named in GQ’s Best 100 Things of 2012.
• Kilchoman won Malt Advocates Artisan Whisky of the Year 2011, only three years after the first bottling was released.