ImpEx Beverages imports Whisky, Gin, Rum, and Mezcal from Scotland, Belgium, Wales, Japan, Israel, and Mexico with future anticipated additions from unexpected destinations. We also feature a fine line of Liqueurs and Cordials produced in the US.
Regardless of your preference, you are sure to find something that pleases from the ImpEx Beverages Portfolio.
The Territory Sales Manager is responsible for the sales and marketing of Company products in Illinois, Wisconsin, Kentucky, and Indiana. This position is responsible for interacting with the Company’s distributors, suppliers, and brokers in the assigned territory,to keep abreast of new products, and to be educated on both current and new offerings in addition to direct sales to on premise and retail outlets on behalf of Company distributors. The position requires a self-motivated, organized, energetic, creative, ambitious person who can thrive in a demanding environment and be an ambassador of our brands.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Schedule ride-withs, with distributors/brokers to assist with sales.
- Conduct brand education and presentation to new accounts and key contacts in coordination with the local distributor.
- Conduct Brand Training for Distributor Salesforce
- Escort suppliers that come to the market area of responsibility and schedule events and work withs throughout the duration of the suppliers visit.
- Visit key accounts in assigned territory.
- Regularly attend (virtually and in-person) selected on-premise promotional events (to include nights and weekends) to oversee, assist, and evaluate the quality of the promotion. This can include groups up to 60 people and would require presentation skills for tasting seminars.
- Participate in trade shows and key events (often held nights and weekends) to showcase the ImpEx Portfolio and bring greater brand awareness to consumers and buyers.
- Ability to consistently think outside of the box for new ways to achieve sales and marketing goals in varying local environmental challenges.
- Provide effective and timely sales reporting including keeping account logs submitted to management through the use of Airtable so that the Company has concise records of performance in the market, this includes pictures and reports of bottles sold during demonstration events.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Strong computer and Social Media Skills
- Creative presentation/public speaking and premium selling skills are a must
- Well-developed influence and negotiation skills; persistent and persuasive
- Successful Sales Management
- Problem Solving
- Ability to overcome obstacles
- Ability to execute on projects thoroughly
- Ethical Conduct
Driving an automobile, retail and other venue environments, this role also routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, keyboard, mouse, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax/scanning machines.
This position requires the ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, exempt position and normal work hours include weekend hours with a focus on in-store demos (both tasting & dry) with a minimum of 4 hours on each Friday and Saturday for in-store tastings (when available). Some flexibility in hours is allowed but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours.
Travel of a minimum of 1 week per month is required for this position. International and Domestic Travel will be included in requirements on an annual basis. Travel outside of the designated territory may be required on occasion to assist other team members.
Required Education and Experience
- Five years previous experience in the beverage industry
- Minimum of three years preferred on the wholesale/importer side
- High school education (college degree preferred)
Must complete US Federal I9 form with appropriate identification
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply fo rthis position please email firstname.lastname@example.org.