ImpEx boasts an impressive portfolio, including some of the most notable small to medium sized distilleries and independent bottlers.
ImpEx Beverages imports Whisky, Gin, Rum, and Mezcal from Scotland, Wales, Japan, Israel, Mexico, England, the Caribbean, and India with future anticipated additions from unexpected destinations. We also feature a fine line of Liquers and Cordials produced in the US.
Regardless of your preference, you are sure to find something that pleases from the ImpEx Beverages Portfolio.
SALES & EDUCATION SPECIALIST
The Sales & Education Specialist is responsible for sales and marketing of Company products in the Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont Markets. This position is responsible for interacting with the Company’s distributors, suppliers and brokers in the assigned territory, to keep abreast of new products, and to be educated on both current and new offers in addition to direct sales to on premise and retail outlets on behalf of Company distributors.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Call directly on accounts, both retail and on-premise, to solicit sales of ImpEx products.
- Schedule ride-withs, with distributors/brokers to assist with sales.
- Conduct Brand Education and presentations to new accounts and key contacts in coordination with the local distributor.
- Escort suppliers that come to the market area of responsibility and schedule these suppliers with events and work withs throughout the duration of their supplier visit.
- Visit key accounts in assigned territory.
- Regularly attend selected on-premise promotional events (held at night) to oversee, assist, and evaluate the quality of the promotion. This can include groups up to 60 people and would require presentation shills for tasting seminars.
- Participate in trade shows and key events (often held nights and weekends) to showcase the ImpEx Portfolio and bring greater brand awareness to consumers and buyers.
- Ability to consistently think outside of the box for new ways to achieve sales and marketing goals in varying local environmental challenges.
- Provide effective and timely activity reporting including keeping account logs submitted to management through the use of Airtable so that the Company has concise records of performance in the market, this includes pictures and reports of bottles sold during demonstration events.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- Excellent Communication (both written and oral) and Collaboration Skills
- Strong computer and Social Media Skills
- Creative presentation/public speaking skills
- Proven project execution
- Successful Sales Management
- Problem Solving
- Ability to overcome obstacles
- Well-developed influence and negotiation skills (persistent and persuasive)
- Ethical Conduct
Driving an automobile, retail and other venue environments, this role also routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, keyboard, mouse, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax/scanning machines.
This position requires the ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, exempt position and normal work hours include weekend hours with a focus on in-store demos (both tasting & dry) with a minimum of 4 hours on each Friday and Saturday for in-store tastings (when available). Some flexibility in hours is allowed but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours.
Regular travel within CT, MA, and RI is required for this position with occasional trave to ME, NH, VT. International and Domestic Travel will be included in requirements on an annual basis. Travel outside of the designated territory may be required on occasion to assist other team members.
Required Education and Experience
- Five years previous experience in the beverage industry
- Minimum of three years preferred on the wholesale/importer side
- High school education (college degree preferred)
Must complete US Federal I9 form with appropriate identification
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this position please email email@example.com.